PassivWorks, Inc. is a family of quality oriented craftspeople located in the wine country of Northern California dedicated to sustainable construction and renovation. We focus on two important points:
Quality: We are committed to producing the best quality projects, on schedule and at a fair price.
- Regional: We source 90% of our material from the United States and 100% of our labor from qualified individuals dedicated to your project's success.
- Good Design: We maximize the use of non-toxic materials and products in every project.
- Durability: Well made, high quality projects that will last for generations.
- Efficient: Low waste processes labor and material.
- Personalized Scale: We are not interested in being the biggest, just the best at what we do. The majority of our yearly sales are returning clients or their referrals.
- Passive House: The energy standard applied to all new projects and renovations resulting in a near zero energy building and carbon neutrality at the best cost.
- Renewables: The process by which we use photovoltaics and solar thermal to make your project net zero.
Rick Milburn, Builder
Born in Salt Lake City, UT in 1969 and raised in Southern California, Rick grew up with an innate talent and interest in the process of building. His first job in the trades at the age of thirteen was followed by years of mentoring by seasoned building professionals through summer positions and later apprenticeship periods. During his formative years, he had the privilege to serve in the USMC and with the support of his parents, the G.I. Bill and a hammer to earn his way, he graduated with a B.S. from the University of California, Davis. In 1996, he had the opportunity to move to the Napa Valley and start his own company. He's been building in Northern California ever since with one goal in mind - "Better Buildings".
CERTIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
Certifications and Merits
Certified Passive House™ Consultant
Certified Green Builder
Certified Photovoltaic Installer
NorCal Solar Energy Association
Solar Sonoma County
Western Regional Master Builders Association
Water Pumping and Photovoltaics
Utility Interactive Photovoltaics
PHIUS Passive House Consultants Training